On November 2nd our 7th and 8th grade students traveled to PAA for the 5th Annual Cultural Geography Fair competition.
The students have been working hard for the past month developing projects of their own choosing related to culture and geography. They had to create a comprehensive display, write a three page report and prepare a three minute oral presentation for a judging team. Topics ranged from Facebook and YouTube to The International Space Station as well as topics more down-to-earth like cats, soccer, basketball, WWII and watches. The 46 PAES students competed for 9 cash prizes and a Grand Prize of an iPad Mini. PAA provided dinner, the judging teams and the prizes.
Our winners are as follows:
3rd place (3 awards of $25 each):
- Maddy Rose “Racism in Oregon’s Laws”
- Mikayla Neely “International Space Station”
- Samuel Ngo “Unified Vietnam”
2nd place (3 awards of $50 each):
- Ava Whalon “Musical Theater”
- McKenna Johnson “Tea”
- Ryan Tapu “Romania”
1st place (3 awards of $75 each):
- Andrew Tran “The Fall of Saigon”
- Claire McGinnis “National Parks”
- Mara Kramer “US vs European Chocolate”
- Sasha Vaughan “Oil Pastels”
Thank you SO MUCH to all the parents and students for your time, hard work and dedication! We also want to especially thank PAA and their staff for such an amazing night of amazing presentations and fun celebration of learning!!!